Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Years!!!

First off I have to apologize for my absence. Unfortunately life got the best of me. My husband's transition to a new job, a new residence, my new job, and so many other things lead to me being completely exhausted. I gave myself two months off of life, and slowly but surely I am returning. I have to improvise until I can go on vacation, so if a mental vacation is what I need, then a mental vacation is what I get.

One fear that I think about daily is getting comfortable in a not so comfortable situation. Allowing time to pass and ending up in the same place that I started. Its not a far fetched fear. It happens everyday. You go to work to pay your bills, then you have children, so you are working to pay bills and take care of your children, and the next thing you know you are stuck. That fear is what is motivating me to put energy only in things that interest me. I have been employed at a place for four years, and I have hated it for three years. Some people say well, get another job...And what I say to them is give me another job. I have applied, followed upped, called, personalized, visited, and for whatever reason I was stuck in that miserable situtaion. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for being employed in this economic crisis, and I don't think that I am to good for any situation. But I know my potential and personality, and what it comes down to is that I am tired of people telling me what to do. I am tired of waking up dreading the next eight to sixteen hours, and I don't believe that is how my valuable time should be spent. Fortunately for me my patience paid off, and I am now a....nanny. Although this is not a career either, it is a wonderful break from the stress that I endured at the psychiatric hospital.

I am so grateful and proud of how much I accomplished in 2010. I set out a goal and achieved it. MarYumms is real!! Out of all of the answers to the "what am I going to do with my life" question, the only answer that makes me happy is establishing MarYumms as a real business. But as soon as I get excited about that idea, I become overwhelmed with anxiety, and fear of failure. But I am not going to allow those negative emotions to prevent me from fulfilling my dream. Last years goal was met, so with a new year comes a new goal. 2011 will be the year of cakes. Last year if anyone asked if I did cakes, I told them no but soon. This year I am taking cake orders! I have already created three beautifully delicious cakes. With God's help by the end of this year I will be ready to do wedding cakes. Now that will be amazing.

I have posted pictures of my first three cakes, I hope that they make you crave MarYumms, lol.

Until next time...



Strawberry cake with a strwaberry butter cream frosting. Please ignore the script, this is not the final version of the cake, I didnt capture the alterations.



Black forest cake. Chocolate cake with a cherry filling, vanilla frosting and chocolate shavings on the sides.



Marble cake with chocolate filling and chocoalte frosting.

1 comment:

  1. IF A MAN DOES NOT KEEP PACE WITH HIS COMPANIONS, PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE HEARS A DIFFERENT DRUMMER. LET HIM STEP TO THE MUSIC WHICH HE HEARS HOWEVER MEASURED OR FAR AWAY. - HENRY DAVID THOREAU

    ReplyDelete