Friday, March 5, 2010

Internship

I had driven past this bakery plenty times. The owner has a cute sign at the top of the parking lot that says "you need a cupcake now!". I will admit that I was initially jealous when I noticed it, jealous that someone else was living out my dream. I don't know what inspired me to email the owner, I really have no idea as to why I did it, but low and behold she was looking for someone that she could train and hire. I came in thinking that I was just going to see how I liked the environment, and for her to see if she liked me, but I was actually the intern when I had stepped out of her office the week before. My first day there did not feel like a first day at all. I was making cupcakes, doing dishes and assisting in the front. Every time I turned around there was something for me to do. The bakery has its sales floor where they sell cupcakes, cookies, and brownies, the kitchen where all of the magic happens, the owners office and a consultation room. They are constantly baking for the bakery and for the many orders that they have to complete. What I didn't know about this bakery is that the owner is amazing! She was voted brides choice last year, and she can make a cake to look like anything. But above all everything is perfectly delicious. She is eager to teach, in exchange for the help that I am giving. I know that I am going to learn so much from just being there. I have been there five times, and I think that I have the cupcakes under control. I cant wait until I am icing cakes and making designer bags. I really feel good about this experience. Right now I have a hectic schedule, I do three doubles at the hospital, two days at the bakery and two days for myself. I love it! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment