Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nearly one year later


I have recently realized that I think within the box. I owe my new outlook to my husband, because he doesn't even know that a box exists. I have put a lot of emphasis on degrees, and the conventional way of doing things. Applying for jobs, looking into graduate programs, when in reality I do not want to do either. I am blessed to be around a variety of individuals. I know people who will be doctors in a couple of years, and I know people who have great marketable skills. I want to be a little of both. I want to have my plaques on the wall, but at the same time you have to have that thing that you enjoy that can pay for your weekend getaway to Savannah. Right now, I am on a break from school. I see myself going back, but I have to be in a different place mentally. In time everything will fall together, I am in no way worried about my educational future. I am just trying to live, and not let life get the best of me. My first degree has given me the privilege of working at a place where i get poop on my shoe (literally), so I am not rushing the second one.
There are so many ways of learning. Small business owners need help, and interning is a great way to learn how things are done in the trade that you are interested in. Just send a flowery email, and set up a meeting (don't forget to smile), and I am sure they would be happy for the helping hand. Well, it worked for me, I am extremely grateful for my time at the bakery. My experience at the bakery allowed me to become comfortable with baking and I learned a lot of tricks of the trade. Unfortunately my internship turned into me doing what every one else did not want to do. When that became a constant occurrence I informed the owner that I would only be able to come in once a week, the following week she told me that my services were no longer needed.
Now that I have some professional experience under my belt, I am comfortable with taking orders. And boy have I been getting orders. All I have to do is mention that I sell cupcakes, and boom they order a dozen. lol. I have done a couple of cupcake cakes too (one is pictured above). I love it!! Never before have I felt this passionate about a career. So with the help of God, I will be able to be my own boss in due time.
I will try and be more consistent in my posts, and give updates on my orders. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment